The main objective of MITINI is to provide hygienic menstrual solutions to young girls aged (10 to 25 years old) enrolled in schools, in both rural and urban to reduce school absenteeism and improve their self-esteem and confidence along with providing well managed menstrual facilities for working women.
The specific objectives of the initiative are as follows:
- To improve school attendance among girls between the ages of 10 and 25 enrolled in schools of rural Nepal (Note: Some girls enroll in schools are up to the age of 25 in rural areas of Nepal)
- To increasing access to modern sanitary napkins among young school girls along with comprehensive menstrual hygiene management knowledge
- To improve self-esteem of adolescent school going girls
- Ensuring proper menstrual management of girls’ toilets, restrooms and washrooms constructed in different schools
- Ensuring proper menstrual management of females’ toilets, washrooms and restrooms of workplaces
- Proper disposing of the used sanitary napkins to prevent possible health hazards