On July 27, MITRA Samaj organised an ‘Entry Level Stakeholder Meeting’ among the high-level officials of Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP), government heath entities (relating to HIV, TB and Malaria), Save the Children and Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) Nepal and others, planned and agreed upon best modalities and activities required to assess the existing organizational systems and human resources capacities of the government entities at provincial level and palikas at local level to manage, implement and monitor national HIV, TB and Malaria programs effectively and efficiently.
The meeting was a kick-off activity that directed MITRA Samaj to review existing HR-related strategies and documents of the government entities and develop tools and checklists to undertake interviews with selected government officials and generate information enough to meet the objectives of the assessment.
The participants were as follows:
- Dr. Jageshwor Gautam, Spokesperson, MoHP
- Ms. Yashoda Aryal, Sr. Public Health Administrator, MoHP
- Mr. Bhim Prasad Sapkota, Sr. Public Health Administrator, MoHP
- Ms. Sudha Devkota, Director, NCASC
- Ms. Rajna S. Kunwar, Sr. Program Manager, NCASC
- Mr. Bhanu Neupane, Under Secretary, NTCC
- Mr. Basu Dev Pandey, Director, EDCD
- Mr. Sandesh Neupane, CCM Country Coordinator, CCM Nepal
- Mr. Rajan Bhattarai, Interim Chief of Party, Save the Children, Global Fund
- Mr. Bishnu Poudel, Deputy Chief of Party, Save the Children, Global Fund
- Mr. Vivek Singh Thakuri, Executive Director, MITRA Samaj
- Mr. Rajendra Prasad Pant, Thematic Expert (TB), MITRA Samaj
- Mr. Bhim Acharya, Thematic Expert (Malaria), MITRA Samaj
- Mr. Pratap Kumar Pathak, Thematic Expert (Human Resource), MITRA Samaj
- Mr. Anil Kumar Poudyal, Sr. Program and Admin Manager, MITRA Samaj
- Mr. Latshering Glan Tamang, Research and Resource Development Manager, MITRA Samaj
- Mr. Chetraj Upreti, Field Manager, MITRA Samaj
- Mr. Nar Bahadur Basnet, Admin and Logistic Officer, MITRA Samaj
For details on the project Click here.